TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Wednesday, August 13, 2003
The blog and webpage are keeping me sane, because without these I'd be persuaded any day that I had dreamed all of TASP up. I'm sinking into the mundane trivialties of school - my schedule is the most unbalanced thing, and IB diploma is the devil (Bryan! Alex! back me up!).

I was snapping throughout my classes today; people stared at me quite strangely.

I've been rambling on and on to everyone here about how wonderful all of you are, that one doesn't ever meet people more perfect than you. By now everyone here is so sick of me talking about you, but nevertheless, I've been sharing my pictures - here are some responses you may find of interest:

"I thought you went to a place for smart kids." - my mother [ref. to particularly goofy picture of jared and jacob in robot hat and bag respectively]

"Harry Potter!" - Bo-Won, my younger sister [ref. to a picture of Matthew before his $6.99 haircut]

"Look, you've taken a picture with a white guy!" - Rohan Mascarehnas [ref. to picture of alex b. and me]

"No wonder you're jaded, look at all the eye candy you've been getting!" - Rohan again [ref. to picture of jacob and alex b. in togas]

"Wow, you had a gymnast there too?" - Sean Park [ref. to a vertical picture of Eunice at the piano he happened to view horizontally]

"Did you go to Texas?" - Sanaa Rahman [ref. to group picture with all of us in glowing texas shirts]


The pictures are up on the geocities site. Email me for copies...


Sorry I'm taking up so much space, I hate this hideously large font, but here are public messages addressed personally to individual people-

Bryan: geocities is up and working; both the tasp site and my personal site have been perfectly accessible to me. maybe it's a problem with your isp?

Jacob: html is very, very easy to learn. But you're the person who "tried to letter 'PROCRASTINATE' across his door and tired halfway" so I'll try to make it even easier. When you've logged into the geocities account, there should be a box called "Advanced Toolbox" in the upper-right corner. Go to [File Manager] and just proceed to [open file manager]. Once you've done that you get a list of all the files under that account - most of them should be the 48 poor-quality pictures I've uploaded. The ones with pencil icons next to them are ones created with html; check one of them and click the [edit] button. Now you see all my clumsy script in my favorite feature of html (tables). Ignore all that, compare what's written there to what's actually up on the site and figure it out. If you don't want to bother with formats, just get to the text chunks and type away. If you do want to bother with formats, email me so that this blog post doesn't get any more tedious than it already has.

Olga/Adam/other AIM people: I finally have AIM, although it's some ungodly hour in the morning whenever I'm online... and just thought I'd let you know that I personally prefer msn messenger the way I prefer PCs to the monsters you call macs.


Sorry I've taken up so much space, I've got to learn how to fix the font. I'm enjoying the blog so much; I hope we all keep posting. I got an email from Dr. Randall (my 'lost' final project) and she'd been reading the blogs, too. :) I'm already getting excited about our next birthday (I will try so hard to remember all twenty birthdays and middle names) which I believe is on September 2nd...

Love you all so much--

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell