TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Saturday, August 16, 2003
Bryan, you're not alone, I too am a loser. My day pretty much centers around the blogs - I'd spend all my time in school anticipating my return home to check the site, then the rest of my day would depend on whether or not people have posted new blogs. There was once an afternoon when no one posted anything new and I'd wallowed in the depths of Sylvia Plath depression (no not really, but close) all day. I don't know what the deal is with your ISP, but I'm guessing it's either your ISP or your IE (or whatever browser you use) because everything works fine from here where internet is ssllooowwww.

From the responses we've had I think we're okay with Kafka - sorry it's so dictatorial but democracy is too slow to work effectively here. (no room for robert's rules here, sorry) We'll see how we do with Kafka first, then we can move on to Book MCXIIII of War and Peace if Alex wishes it so. (Philip Glass wrote an opera to Penal Colony or War and Peace? Philip Glass only needs to compose four notes to make an opera and get away with it...) Excited to hear what everyone thinks, and I'll have to start reading myself.

Kudos to Alex B. for sending his final project; it's up on the geocities page. (actually it isn't yet, but it will be in a few minutes.) With much reluctance I've put up my unfinished work up there only so that Alex doesn't feel betrayed, so now all of you, at least the ones with projects in text form until we figure out what to do with Adam, Eunice, John, Adrian... - need to submit your projects! You can mail it to me at avellyne@yahoo.com or create your own pretty formatted page at the geocities account, I already gave you the login information.

Love always,

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell