TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Tuesday, August 12, 2003
hey guys, sorry to contribute to the sappy quality of our blogg, but I have recently become crowned the queen of sallies, and the position requires me to bitch and moan about my taspless condition. Well, first of all, I got home to find the world turned upside down: Mauna Kea had erupted and covered all of west hawaii with hot molten lava- well not quite but my school was painted, my sister has just left for college, a room of our house was remodeled and we have a new dog that was very cute until he ate my slippers. His name is boots (though i of course suggested the classic name Square Root Of Two, no one else seemed to be in on the idea). anyhow even with all of this i can't help but feel like everything is too normal; people look at you funny when you use phallocentrism in daily conversation, and nobody else has heard of LL nunn.
the point of all of this rambling is to ask you excellent and motivated people to please throw out a telluridian lifesaver to a drowning aimee and post any particularly good books or poetry you have been reading, and then i'll try to read them too and perhaps (please don't throw anything at me when i say this) we can discuss them in a seminar like way or WHATNOT. I don't really know what i'm trying to write anymore, so I think that I am going to stop talking.
ohh thats what I wanted to say before I got off track- I am starting to be less sad that I left tasp, and like the true sally that i am, I really kind of miss feeling sad, because I feel like I'm not sad anymore because I've kind of devalued tasp, and started to forget how much i enjoyed it, and it scares me too that I am not so sad anymore because I feel like I am adjusting back to my usual state of comfortable mediocrity- somehting that I am mortally afraid of, and losing all of the ways that I have changed- i guess I don't really know why I am telling you this- I'm not exactly sure how you folks could change it , but i just don't like it, i dont like it at all.
and those are my greetings from beautiful hawaii
p.s. to monica- hawaii, though less hot, is definitely more humid than austin
p.s. to all- did anyone find my journal? i think i lost something else but i forget.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell