TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Sunday, August 31, 2003
It's funny you should offer a box of "fresh Colorado air" Bryan. Just minutes ago I was progressing slowly through The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, that book I bought at Book People the night of Dr. Randall's poetry reading and never read past the first twenty pages, and in the book this dead guy bequeaths an 'empty' box for the main character. And I just read that part before I checked the blog site, if that explains my excitement. It's an excellent book, you should all read it. But why I'm bringing up the book is because! I was cheating and skimming through in the pages ahead, and between pages 370 and 371 I found a single grain of salt. I believe it was Olga who suggested that I wash the book with salt when I saw chocolate stains on the bottom of the brand-new book - and Olga, Jacob, and Alex B. were there to watch me try. In my efforts to reexamine the grain of salt from a missing a-d-pi saltshaker (you see, the saltshaker was missing after that night so for the longest time there were two pepper shakers and only one saltshaker on the dining table before they realized this and took one of the pepper shakers away) I lost it, but a tiny indentation remains between pages 370-371 that prove that the book has been severely abused by moi at TASP. Or "loved" as Alex B. would say.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell