TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, August 15, 2003
john says:

What is Up!? i'm blogging and that makes me happy, and I'm remencing Austin, which is also happy. I'm still trapped in Texas though, I don't head back to Nebraska until Sunday night. I've been trying to get in touch with Matthew cause I'm going to be driving his direction weekend after next and I think I will stop though O'neill. It would be the first 2003 Tasp reunion that I know of, though I guess Alex B and Susan have a permanent reunion going on, ditto for the NYC kids. I thought of Olga and Jacob and Yablon (and Brian in Ohio) when I saw the news. I hope everyone weathered the storm well. I imagined, for some reason, Yablon in mid leap from his bed to the floor hitting a power chord on his electric guitar with uber distrortion at ungodly decibles as the power went out - similarly, Jacob I saw trapped in a subway car with no power and he rallies all the other passengers together with a battery powered boombox as they do a collective hokie pokie screaming "the goose is loose" - meanwhile, Olga and Brian I both saw poetically sitting and writing to the lights of candles, even though Olga told me once she wasn't allowed to burn them at her house.

That's my story of my overactive Tasp imagination. Thankfully, my grandparents here are always eager to hear youthful strories of out exploits with robot hats and whatnot.

On a sadder note, I left my cd case in austin. I am praying someone found it? I will seriously cry if I can't get it back, so if you happen to know what happened to it, drop me a line, if you will.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell