TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Wednesday, August 20, 2003
Kelsey here -
Well, I have college applications, summer homework, and room cleaning to do, and I have spent all day today eating sugar-free Jello and dancing around to my dad's Elvis Costello albums in chronological order. (All of them, all the way through - even Goodbye Cruel World and Mighty Like A Rose. No skipping. A girl's got to have some discipline.) God, I love summer.

Camp was wonderful and beautiful and magical and somewhat softened the post-TASP blow. Of course, now I miss camp AND y'all. My taspsickness was relieved a bit by yesterday's momentous event - the first (as far as I know) official Austin TASP 2003 mini-reunion. Jared and Jared's friend (whose uncle owns Zante's pizzeria, hello free pizza for Kelsey) drove down from Santa Rosa for a visit yesterday. It was a gloriously foggy day (thank goodness - Texas and camp were just too freakin' hot) and we got Mitchell's ice cream and went to the Wave Organ. That sounds dirty, but it's not, and I will take anyone who wants to see it when they come visit me, which I know you're all making plans to do. Jared says hello (he can't figure out how to work the blog.)

A few days ago, I talked to this girl Elizabeth who was at the Michigan TASP. Apparently their curfew was 1am and they only had to call if they were going to be late. Also, their papers were due at seminar time, not 6pm the night before. I say we initiate a post-TASP revolt against our obviously cruelly dictatorial factota. Oh, and they're totally down for declaring war against Cornell TASP, even now. So that's the news from Ann Arbor.

Anyway. I am very much in favor of short + sweet posts so I will wrap this up. Love you all (duh). Stay out of trouble.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell