TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Saturday, August 30, 2003
Oh, my useless anecdote that's not quite so funny now but I'll share it anyway because Tara, I too am outraged there were no posts for Friday:

Pirates of the Caribbean began screening in Manila Wednesday, and I took my sisters to the mall to see it today. Thinking of Natashia of course. I don't know how to explain the malls here to you - they're really not so different, yet they're not quite like the malls anywhere else - but it was a crowded Saturday, it was sale season even though it's always sale season, and because it's the end of August all the Halloween decorations were up, so it was pretty crazy there, and in front of one of those stores in small stalls they were selling these ugly slippers for fifty pesos a pair (not quite a dollar) and there was this sign over the pile of slippers that read:

"Please Buy, Please Buy."

And I thought, ooohhhhhhhhhh that's a labor quote, before I remembered no one knows what labor quotes are here. But yes, visit me in the Philippines within this week (the time I'm estimating the stall to last) and I'll take you to see it for yourself.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell