TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Thursday, August 14, 2003
oh. smart. The AIM ID is avellyne - but once again, every time I'm online it's probably some really really inconvenient time for you (and vice versa) - I hate living in this time zone. (I am, by the way, as much as twelve whole hours ahead of you people, ha.) Flying back here I'd been cheated out of half a day of my life (minus 0.0003 nanoseconds, Bryan. Thanks.)

I am still waiting for people to email their final projects to me at avellyne@yahoo.com. Please don't be shy, we've been living with each other for six weeks... Because I am disappointed that I personally am not getting my free manuscript library material (I'll just wait for the signatures) I'm threatening to start harrassing individual people through email so don't put me on your block list just yet... Adam in particular -- I think all of us would love a copy of your final project (oh the poignance it holds) but I doubt the geocities site will support a file that big - what do you think?

To add a new direction to the blog, as Aimee's suggested, I have finished reading The Color Purple yesterday and did not like it much. (the opposite of a recommendation, sorry) Although I'm sure everyone else would appreciate them, I personally am not asking for recommendations just yet; I'm somewhat overwhelmed with all the titles and names people have dropped here and there throughout TASP, and I have to crawl through all the wonderful books I'd gotten at the secondhand bookstore (with pretty covers) there... But yes, contradicting myself as always, post your book/music/movie recommendations here or email them to me and I'll put them up on the geocities webpage where only my own heavily biased list stands alone for the moment.

My recommendation of the day: Not that I thought the poem so spectacular it had to be the first thing I recommend you, but it reminded me of a poem Olga read at the poetry reading - I believe she'd entitled it something where the main word was Pragmatist. The poem is: "The Secretary Chant" by Marge Piercy. (it's feminist - *gasp*)

Missing all of you so much--

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell