TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Tuesday, August 19, 2003
Thank you Kelsey for formatting the blog page; it's beautiful. The previous format had been annoying me forever - I'm so glad the text size is what it is now! Thank you~

Natashia, I was so moved by your post, it had me turn into a complete Sally all over again. And Tara, I know what you mean about how dreamlike it'd all been - I think we can all relate. All throughout TASP we'd kept referring to it as "surreal" and how we'd have to return to the "real" world - but it was so wonderful that way, even though we long to return to it now. When we stayd up all throughout that last night, that stuck in my memory as incredibly beautiful, just the idea of the twenty of us sitting around the table, waiting for the dream to end and not wanting to let go, because we ourselves were fragments of the dream and all of us were waiting to wake up, and when the dream ends, to cease to exist in that surreal world.

God, I'm not making any sense. Sorry, I just got back from school, I'm tired. Those college apps are painful to think about, the same goes for my extended essay and all the other work I should have had completed before the school year started. BUT school was good today, because I had the opportunity to sneak in among the drama students and watch Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (put on by our much celebrated drama teacher and a couple of school alumni) and thought it absolutely wonderful. It was almost annoying to watch because it was so rich and so dense and it was staring at me right in the face and I wanted to soak it all in but I lacked the capacity to do so. So, nevermind the long exposition- for all of you well-read thespians, do you mind telling more about it?

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell