TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Saturday, August 16, 2003
Thanks for the info on my cds Adam. Jamie, are you out there? -
I also seem to have left my paints behind, or with Tara, I'm not sure. Anyone who knows about that would also be cool to drop me a line.

Anyway. Couple of quick points:

1) I'm really proud of everyone too, whatwith the seminar discussion style weblog; I feel like we may have the highest IQ weblog in history.
2) Yes Susan, the story is real, though slightly different. He marked a big "X" over the whole page and wrote into the margins something like, "I can't define courage, but leaving this application part blank is the epitome" and they let him in, but his amazingly high test scores and good grades etc. helped a whole lot. He went on to become a college councelor and he has a web site that recomends how smart kids who hate high school can get into college better, you can probably google it.
3) I am profoundly happy to read Alex's final project, kudos to everyone
4) Eunice, I will be in St. Paul at somepoint soonish, as we have discussed, while there I think I will record your Final Project. Then, when my cd is done (which will be soon) I'll send copies of it with my cd to everyone in the mail or something like that. Maybe I'll just hord her project to myself, I dunno. Or I'll upload it.
5) This is the last thing: The first house meeting I said I would use everyone as characters in a novel or short story or song or poem or something like that someday...well I started my second novel and am integrating TASPers into it as I need them for the story line. It's temporarily called God Was A Child Once and I'll try to upload as much of it as possible as soon as possiable to the web site. But only if people like Olga and Alex and Brian and, well everyone really, promise to upload some of their works. If they do it will make my heart glad.

Opra, Kafka, here I come.
-john

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell