TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Tuesday, August 19, 2003
This is from Matthew, who's been having some technical difficulties:

hey guys! sorry i havn't written anything else yet but I've been having problems with the blog and most everything else. anyway, how 'bout a funny story from O'Neill, NE? I told Kelsey about our crazy Sheriff who puts his hand on his gun and says to people (including the jailers in the county jail!) "The only person above me is God, and since there is no God there's just me." He also took out our jail's intercom system so no one would spy on him. You Californians will be pleased to know that we've initiated a recall drive against our sheriff. I wouldn't count on a woman harassing blasphemer surviving the vote (my parents supplied two of the needed 1011 signatures). I visited my sister at the University of Nebraska (where my parents want me to apply) one of her friends who grew up on a small town near us was talking about how Lincoln was "the real world" that scared me; a year from now I plan to be out of Nebraska. Does anyone know any quality pieces of anti-intellectual writing? Analyzing such a text would be so beautifully ironic. If not I'll try to write one.
Peace, Matthew

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell