TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Tuesday, September 09, 2003
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!! There..I had to get all of that "creative melancholy" out of me. But now, without that deck/patio area (overlooking the pool) to scream by, cathartic screams really don't seem as effective anymore. That's not to say that their not effective at all...cathartic scream, anyone?
Tae-Yeoun, my mom was talking about the possibility of our entire family going back to Taiwan for Christmas to visit my ailing grandpa, and she even mentioned that I might possibly take a detour in our trip to another set of islands in the Pacific...(glorious! victory dance ensuing...). Unfortunately, my parents soon discovered the prices of traveling in the winter holiday season (multiple tears). As much as that saddens me, it also shows that there is a possibility, however small, that a small scale TASP reunion in the Phillipines may not be as far-fetched as you make it sound...
I keep seeing all of you manifested in other students at my school. Though they serve as daily reminders of you guys, the problem is that they are reasonably less remarkable than all of you, so I have to make an effort not to let them pollute my perfect memories of my reasonably remarkable friends.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell