TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Wednesday, September 03, 2003
Actually, Tara, I'm not letting you off on the saltshaker, because I'm not entirely sure how I lost it either. I just remember washing my book one night and finding it gone the next morning.

I have most of the birthdays in my head, especially the ones that have been stamped in through constant reminder (i.e. the ones I kept forgetting over TASP and so had to ask multiple times). John's I still have a problem with because it's on one of those inconspicuous November days... I have actually been thinking of putting up a calendar (not unlike Tara's most brilliant calendar on the Secret Headquarters wall) on the webpage, because even now I can't learn how to work the template of the blog. So that's coming up as soon as Tae-Yeoun gets her extended essay out of the way. (I'm sorry)

One last bit of trivial information for Susan, Aimee, or anyone interested in Sylvia Plath's life: Brian and I are more familiar with Diane Middlebrook, who wrote a really long biography on Anne Sexton that was relatively useless to our research - but her new book, Her Husband, is apparently coming out on October 13 (three days before Alex's birthday!) for anyone interested. It's about Sylvia Plath's and Ted Hughes' marriage. (So no, Matthew, Sylvia Plath was not single)

In case the calendar doesn't happen as soon as it should, the upcoming September birthdays are Monica's (the 9th), Kelsey's (the 10th), and Tara's (the 28th) if I remember correctly.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell