TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Sunday, October 05, 2003
hey all... How now? right. Adam, you asked who'd read anything worth mention, and I have to say no. just kidding... There's this essay I found doing research for someone else's psych quarter paper on the evolution of music, which gives an excellent reason for the development of music, dance, and art. These behaviors allow us to evaluate the development of another person's brain, they are indicatorts like fat on elephant seals, or plumes on a peacock. I'll not ramble, but if anyone is interested, email me. I think the musicians should glance at this http://www.humanevolution.net/a/dance-music.html ...
Speaking of howling demons and angels, I am apparently going to hell. Y'know how I'm thoroughly atheistic and biology is (like) my religion? well, I've started up with this chick named Paola, and though she is wonderfully bright as an intellectual, she says I'm lost, (since I don't believe the world was made, and think Jesus was schitzophrenic)... she's making me go to church with her next week. She makes me close windows and my shirts (though it is 50 degrees most days, I try and wear atleast three buttons open). I would have gone with her today, but I had to go to the aquarium.. .. we argue a lot, it's funny accept I am a pushover.
O, sad news... Neither of the baby dolphins survived:( ... one was still born, and the other was like an exercise anorexic... He didn't figure out how to nurse, and literally swam himself to death. They tried to tube feed him, but he would just burn the calories off. ...
Aimee, if you go to St. John's, you may run into this nut from my stat's class, Isaac. He would have done well at tasp; a master of random and virtually useless (albeit impressive) stuff, and an avid reader. He speaks like four languages, and currently is reading Harry Potter in Latin.
Has anyone seen the Latin version of Harry Potter? ha.

I hope everyone has turned in those evaluation essays to the Cornell branch, and good luck on admissions. May the scent of robots be ever with you-
Has anyone read The English Patient ? Walking away; "I don't miss you yet," turn, and slam into a fence post.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell