TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Wednesday, October 08, 2003
Oh! While we're on Schwarzenegger I have to tell all of you about my best friend Jose whom I had to spend the afternoon consoling, as he was most dismayed by, well, Schwarzenegger. Actually this post has nothing to do with Schwarzenegger but with Jose, who had until a few days ago wanted to be a biochemist but now wants to run for governor of California. I was at the mall with him last weekend and I realized we were being followed - turns out to be his three bodyguards. It was so weird, there was one behind the column, one looking away casually, the other sitting at the coffeeshop across from us... Actually, I had officially known about the bodyguards for a long time as I've been friends with Jose for a while, but for some reason I'm surprised every time I see them. So he told me about an episode towards the end of last year when things were looking pretty rough in this country - his dad called him over and threw a gun at him and wanted him to learn how to shoot "for self-defence, just in case." When I asked, turns out that his bodyguards are all armed. Okay, I'll shut up now, I just wanted to tell all of you about all the weird things that go on around you unnoticed when you live in the Philippines.

Finally figured out how to change the blog colors - am so excited that you'll probably see a lot of color variations to the template within the next month or so. (I'm sorry)

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell