TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Tuesday, November 25, 2003
Procrastinating and sleeping are two of my hobbies, though I am something of a dilletante when it comes to the latter. I should be writing my English essay right now, but, "hey" I thought, "I'm from TASP, after all. 30 minutes max, right?" Wrong. So now, I indulge myself in the first of my hobbies, and, in doing so, leave less and less time for myself to cultivate the second. A horrible cycle.

I reread some of Borges yesterday for fun, thought about TASP again (thank you so much Tae-Yeoun, I now have those seats firmly implanted in my memory), fell asleep while reading the republic, and dreamt about an "ideal state" composed of TASP members inside a series of hexagonal halls. Jamie was a Guardian. The rest is fuzzy, but the very image of all of us wearing togas surfaced fond memories.

Now, it is time for me to assume a task that I should not rightly take (because I almost fit in this group myself). I demand that the people that haven't blogged at all this month (or even longer!) do so! This is not a death threat, but if there is no response, blood will be spilled...to say the least...You know who you are! Do not make me name names!!!

(It's really difficult to find a question to end with, especially after that threat--err--strong urge. I'll end my next blog with a question)

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell