TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Thursday, November 27, 2003
Thank you, Kelsey, for the updates.
Every time I contemplate posting I am torn between expressing how much I love you guys by posting and trying to fool you into believing I have a life. But I don't think I've been too successful in either goal, and I just end up posting a lot of really big chunks of text about nothing in particular.

BUT I'm actually posting because I knew it was Thanksgiving, and have people to wish Happy Thanksgiving to! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Although no one asked, how Tae-Yeoun spent Thanksgiving in the Philippines: While our school library celebrated Thanksgiving by giving all of us an amnesty deal - we could return all our overdue books today and no fines would be charged, we had an academic bowl match against the missionary school and the British-International School (as opposed to American-International, which is our school - I've never been able to figure it out) and I thought of Matthew, captain of his acabowl team whose members included his older sister Emily, and of Eunice, who had her team dress in lab coats for Science Bowl. Whoaaa run-on sentence. One of the questions was about Mordred, and suddenly Lauren, a junior on the team, turned around and said: "Hey, have you read The Once and Future King?" As much as I complained about the book over TASP I got so excited and squealed and jumped up and down for ten minutes or something. And answered too late and got points knocked off. - -;; <-- addition to the smiley face archive; the cultural differences reflected in Asian/Western keyboard-art smiley faces... where are you Adam?

Well Kelsey, it turns out that I've probably had lots of turkey in my life even before TASP without knowing it was turkey. But if you don't count turkey ham - because you never know what they put in ham anyway and don't really want to care - no, I've never had real turkey.

To end the post with a question - now that I know when Thanksgiving was for this year, is it the same day every year?

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell