TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, December 05, 2003
Sorry, Eunice, I'm neither Bryan nor Matthew, but I second your request that Bryan and Matthew make their existence known as soon as possible. From what I've heard of them in October (!) both sound very, very busy - so busy Matthew was tempted to tell me to forget Haydn (if you're out there Matt I listened to his string quartet #1 today!) and Bryan felt guilty he was spending far too much time telling me how busy he was.

Actually, I don't think he'd mind if I post this excerpt from his email - this was received on October 25:
Heh, I've been busy - especially since I've found that there's more to the story than what I had said in my EE and I decided to focus on something a little less concrete. So I'm reworking my EE; it's half-done and it's due in six days. Oh well. Anyhow, the past weeks have been rough with everything going on. We're dropping like flies over here. Two of my friends have passed out from exhausation, and most of us are sick but trying to work our way through it. Let's just say between EE, G4, IB World Lit 1, AP Calc, AP Psych, the regular IB stuff, and college applications (not to mention all the extracurricular crap - btw, my first concert with YAO is tomorrow), I've had little time. In fact, I've spent far too long checking my e-mail so I'll be off.

For non-IB people, if you wish to request the IB Veta Mecum to reading Bryan's email, Acronyms Section, contact me and I'll be happy to explain and while I'm at it, whine endlessly about how horrible IB is. Actually when I think about it the only class I'm getting an unreasonable amount of work from is Art (what I'm putting off as I write this, argh) so it's really weird when I try to reason out where all this work is coming from. Really I'm just being a drama queen about IB because I stress over everything I have to do but don't even get around to doing it.

Okay, post too long. But just to address (not answer) your question on spam, Olga, spammers usually get their email addresses from public mailing lists or websites with email addresses on them, such as this blog. So that might explain how you got the same spam as a few other taspers. If the spam is really offending you I suppose we could take the email addresses out of the [taspers] box in the right...

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell