TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, January 23, 2004
Adrian! I am so sorry! I hadn't realized you'd posted more poetry on the geocities page. See, when I check the site I glance over the date/time of the last update on each file and when some ungodly time in the morning is recorded in the zone of whereever geocities is based I automatically assume I'd been the last person to look at the thing, so don't bother checking it. Why in the world were you posting poetry at four in the morning???

So, everyone, three new works by Adrian, here, here, and here.

I have no idea why it's the year of the Green Wooden Monkey. The wooden part has something to do with the five elements that circulate - I think most of us are Fire Tigers or something along those lines.

Oh, on driving - I too am learning very, very slowly, if at all, and this afternoon I was practicing with our driver (the last time my mom tried to teach me, I got to drive a block before she started screaming in a strange Korean dialect and made me stop) and at an intersection, he suddenly said, "CUT!!! CUT!!!" And for some strange reason, in the midst of panic I remembered Alex's story and thought, so THIS is what Alex meant. And drove straight into someone else's car. When we returned home we made up a very complex story about hitting a trash can and how that was not my fault.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell