TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Saturday, January 31, 2004
I'm doing a countdown to February (six more minutes) reveling in post-extended-essay glory. I'm done, I'm done, I'm completely done and they're probably going to make me reformat and reprint because it's single spaced but oh God, I'm done.

So this is directed at Mónica because (i) she taught me how to make pretty title pages and (ii) I know she reads the blog secretly without posting anything: after much experimentation with my extended essay title page I found another format that works: [everything is in Garamond, of course]
centered vertically on the page:

Title on left alignment, in bold, large size that does not quite fill page width
Subtitle in plain text, left alignment

----this line across the page----------------------------------

Name
and subject
and date
and everything else in size-11 or smaller, plain text, right alignment.
Spread out vertical alignment to balance titles on top.

It's February now and I'm going to go raid the kitchen in celebration. If Eunice were here we'd be celebrating more creatively, but, oh well.

ps: Bryan, I didn't mean to make you feel bad about feeling bad!

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell