TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Sunday, January 25, 2004
Well Tae-Yeoun, I had figured out how to put them on the page and (through trial and error) how to arrange some of the HTML, but I didn't know how to fix links. So, anyway, I thought "I'll leave these here and figure out how to do the link part later." Obviously later never occurred. I was probably just to arrogant to ask for help and thus expose my computer-incompetence. I always post at odd hours of the morning not because I stay up late, but because I wake up really early, like 1:17 yesterday, which was kinda surprising to me also.
How's everyone doing on those FAFSAs? My parents are painfully slow on the computer, and for some reason want to read every question out loud, and then yell at me if anything goes wrong (even if it's like one of them losing a paper). My mom's been in this pissed off half-panic because she took it upon herself to fill out this income based payment estimator. It said that we should be paying out a fifth of our income, which due to debt--a thing that the estimator she found didn't deal completely in--is more than we'll be able to afford. SO, she wakes me up at like twelve am, two hours after I went to sleep, with "O Adrian, you're going to have to apply to some Illinois schools or go to Rice because we can't afford to send you to any of the other places you picked." --and not even in a nice voice... in one that sounds like "You've done something wrong again..."
It’s like being a parakeet. Person comes in and yells at you for chewing on a curtain, but you don’t know why the’re making all these loud noises because you’re a parakeet.

O, did I tell you all that one of the dolphins at the aquarium has Bulimia? Well, not quite… Kri just likes the feeling of throwing up. It isn’t as destructive to their digestive track as it would be to a human’s, and she’s found that when she does, the trainers come out and feed her again. It’s kinda funny, but kinda odd.

How did everyone do on finals?
I'm super happy that I got an A in econ on the final. I think it's the first A I've gotten in that class, and it it's the first time I've ever raised a class grade with the final test. ...I hate AP Economics.

Does anyone have any classes that the're excited about next semester? Instead of AP Capitalism, I get to take Asian Studies, as I hear a great class, and the teacher, Mr. Goldberg is really cool. He was the teacher for the India exchange, and I had him for philosophy. It will be most awesome.

Bryan, why are no not gay?

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell