TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Saturday, February 21, 2004
While I'd like to de-wing an angle, I do have dolphin news... About seven hours ago, I was standing behind the trainer Tim and the dolphin Sira and I was given the following instructions: "Go ahead and rub her, just don't touch the pectoral fins, the eye, the ear, or the genitals. You don't want her to get the wrong message." ha. I turned 18 today and that was perfect since I qualified (finally) for secondary animal husbandry, and I get to help the trainer in the water during the shows. Ah, those dolphins. There is a little fat, but their skin is tight and firm like the muscular thigh of a female athlete. I like the thighs of female athletes, and I wish I could caress such lovely things more often.
ha.
Well, here's news that you all probably don't need to hear; I finally told this girl Sharon whom I've been having sex with since August that I didn't find her all that interesting, I just couldn't get anyone better. Telling the truth is overrated.

I'm glad that everyone is reading so much. I feel ashamed. I haven't read much outside of school assignments. This book for Asian studies, Arrow of the Blue Skinned God --about the Ramayana, is wonderful. I've also started to read Discover from cover to cover, it is like the best magazine ever. well, I like it anyway.

Since I have nothing really great to write in answer to discussion topics, I'm just going to put a funny story down (though it kinda is tangent to Jacob's comment on Nabokov). So this dude I run with, Lyndon, is in English class. They're going to read Lolita, and had to have this copy from the book store. The teacher asks them all to look at the cover. She describes how it features this lovely black and white photography; a young girl's legs, dark skirt and light shoes; her beautifully innocent skin and school-girl stockings light against the deep of the background. lovely. ... Well the teacher asks the students what their first impressions of the image were, so the class begins. One girl says "innocence," another "perversion," Lyndon says "Adrian LeCesne."

As the Outrider unit from Dark Reign said "hide your daughters."

1, Alex, I really like that "Hip" story. Great stuff.
2, The Lagunitas is quite a poem.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell