TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, March 19, 2004
Assuming "D" is for Drive, and "R" is for Reverse, as long as you haven't hit anybody everything is still fine.

Kelsey, I wasn't calling you ugly, I was merely venting my sexual frustration at Angela's loveliness being wasted on such a prude (then again, if she wasn't a prude, I'd be hatefully envious of whoever she was with). When will you be there? I'll be at wash-U on the 24th and the 25th for the interview for the Ervin scholarship, but then I have to leave really early on the 26th to go my cousin's wedding in Seattle.
...

Today there was this Multi-cultural thing after school; the highlight was the Japanese fest, since we had imported authentic exchange students. My friend Megan has this book called Making out in Japanese, and she got me to go read a coupe of phrases to the girls I sat with at lunch (yeah, I'm the kind of odd bird who sits at a lonely table with three chicks who he absolutely positively can't communicate with, and rambles at conversational speed in his native tongue).
"So, what interested you in coming to the States?"
Confused looks
"Why visit here?"
"somethingsomething something"
"something "
"something somethingsomething America funsomething something"

"Yeah..."

Well I figured you all'd enjoy the two best phrases gleaned from the book;
"What color is your underwear?"
"Show me your erogenous zones."
The girls kinda turned their thumbs down and said "no. no." while smiling and giggling. I think we all learned valuable lessons... well, maybe not, but it was fun.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell