TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, March 05, 2004
Today I received my very own copy of, *drumroll* the SUMMER 2003 ISSUE OF THE TELLURIDE NEWSLETTER in the mail that the rest of you got in September. Outdated as it was, it made me want to cry.

I also received your card, Eunice - thank you! In envious retaliation, and possible challenge, to Kelsey's most-post-tasp-tasper-reunions record, we proudly announce the first potential post-tasp-tasper-reunion in Asia. Eunice, if you come before June, see me in Manila, BUT, if you come between midJune and lateAugustish, you get to see BRYAN, SUSAN, AND ME in Seoul, Korea! (I'm convinced there's an underwater tunnel connecting all the east Asian countries)

In defense(?) of Finding Nemo, Alex, it's a movie that holds a very special place in my heart right next to the space reserved for all things TASP-related. I was watching it on the plane coming back from Texas as I ate - the irony - my [fake] sashimi and thought of all of you. Then I cried at the end even though I didn't even get the plot.

Biology. This is a lovely picture of a cow's eye dissected in the IBH Bio class that a friend forced me to see. [if it requires login info, the login id is 'keumt'; password 'ishillotte'; and the domain 'ismanila' - now you have access to all my school files!]

Lastly, SusanorKelsey, did you watch an ENTIRE Korean soap opera in one sitting??? How long did THAT take? Coincidentally, my mother was watching a Kwon Sang Woo flick as I was rushing my World Lit paper (woe) - it was either haet bit sok eu ro or chun guk eu kae dan, I'm not sure which - and even my mother, even my mother, could not stand more than two episodes of the thing. (sorry) And congratulations, Kelsey!

I lied. LASTLY, Susan, you can easily convert CD tracks to .mp3 format - once your a capella group releases it, could you share it with the rest of us? Jacob, you still need to post your play.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell