TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Monday, May 03, 2004
Dana Gioia was on my English exam! How freaky!
What's more, the poem was one of THE poems Jacob and co. tore apart in seminar (the orchard one, not the money one).

Anyway. I have a story to share with you that's somewhat amusing in a listen-to-Tae-Yeoun-complain-about-what-she-went-through kind of way: After the exam I took down my art show (no more art!!!) and I was ready to go home, and it turned out that I needed a pass authorizing me to leave school. So I went all the way back to the high school office to get my pass, and when I got back to the gate they found my paintings in the car trunk and said, I'm authorized to leave but my paintings aren't. So I had to go back to the high school office only to be bounced off to the art department in the other side of the school building to get a pass for each of my paintings.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell