TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, May 21, 2004
I like John too, and think he's still cooler than I am.

Susan: pictures! Yay! If you end up with a lot of pictures (large files) you can't trust geocities with, I recommend photobucket, which I use. When the picture files are too large they downsize them for you automatically.

Jacob, and everyone else: to submit to the tagboard, enter your name (or make it up if you want to be anonymous) in the first entry field, skip the second field, and type your questionnaire item in the bigger box at the bottom, then press the 'TAG' button. This is my best substitute for the sheet of superlative suggestions posted on the Secret Headquarters door. (Jacob, congratulations - I recommend that you hibernate from now till July 3)

Alex B: Congratulations!!! The Rushdie I read was Midnight's Children indeed, but I've heard The Moor's Last Sigh was even better. One of my friends for whose taste in books I have the utmost respect (the one who read Michael K) regards it as the best book he's read this year.

Lastly, a music recommendation - if you haven't heard it enough already, the Caccini Ave Maria. Andrea Bocelli (who came to the Philippines last month!) popularized it relatively recently but I prefer it in a female voice. I'm listening to the Inessa Galante version as I type this and it's beautiful. Jo Su-mi, I heard, sang it in her amazing voice, but some people might have a problem with her pronounciation.

I just received my I-20 in the mail thirty minutes ago. Looks like I can be in America after all. :)

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell