TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Tuesday, May 11, 2004
John came to my recital!!! Of course, he heard a toned down version of everything, since I injured my wrists doing God-knows-what. And afterward, we sallied forth to the corporate giant of America, (yes, the Mall of America) in the roar of tornado drills (a relatable experience to all of the Midwesterners out there). And, yes, John met my piano teacher.
--While I mention my piano teacher, I'd like to promote the international piano competition that he started two years ago. For more information, see
www.piano_e_competition.com (please correct me if I didn't remember correctly, John.) It runs for several weeks, and all rounds are open to the public. This basically translates to free, international-level piano recitals, quartet performances, and concertos day after day!!! I am excited, and I hope that some of you will be able to make it.--
After John left, I went home to cram for the Physics C test. Too late, too little, as I found out later. Monday was two hours of IB english, followed by 4 hours of AP physics C. I sat and fumed, chewed on my pencil and contemplated slitting my wrists with the pencil sharpener. And then chemistry this morning. (Once again, I really miss that cathartic scream.)
So, I am typing right now, giddy to be rid of all but one of my tests, left vulnerable to run-on sentences, parentheses, and...an inability to finish anything I write.
Since I have not "blogged" for so long, I feel it is justified to leave a constipated account of my life (in two days) for all of you to read. But the new blog format provides the frightening idea that people may opt not to read anything written by "Eunice," for fear of even longer, rambling blogs. My apologies.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell