TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Wednesday, June 30, 2004
Sorry for the self-imposed exile. I assure you all that I have suffered far more for it than you have. I'm suffering for it now. I tried calling Tae-Yeoun two weeks ago, on a whim, a pitiful excuse for not posting. I followed all the instructions, carefully typed the following number (country code included): "011-142-632-819-2530." Alas! The phone rang a hopeful once, twice, then, was interrupted by a computerized message, "Sorry. The phone number you have dialed and/or the person you are calling for is non-existent." Nonexistent! How could this be? I was horrified, so I ran into my room and ducked under the covers, refusing to find out whether all of you, too, were figments of my imagination. To add to this, I am also visiting Japan. But, unhappy coincidence dictates that I leave mid-july, just as Olga comes back. So now, I can only post this in hope of a telephone correction, or a chance meeting in the Narita Airport.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell