TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Saturday, August 28, 2004
Alright Bryan, I take that back, the double pronged plugs do fit in the weird outlets with one more hole.

I went over to Adrian's dorm yesterday while all the freshmen were moving in, and so began what will be an extended-over-four-wonderful-years post-tasp tasper reunion. Adrian had just returned from a weeklong pre-orientation hiking program, over the duration of which he did not take a single shower. He was in the shower when I got there, so I waited in his suite, getting in the way of his suitemates as they rearranged the furniture this way and that. Adrian was in the shower for a long time. Like thirty minutes, because according to his suitemate he had gone in the shower twenty minutes before I'd arrived, and I waited at least ten minutes until I finally asked someone to yell at him to come out.

So our meeting happened like this:
Tae-Yeoun: (springs up from couch that was not being moved at the moment to hug/be hugged) ADRIANNNNNN!!!!!!
Adrian: (has crazy unbraided hair floating six inches in a fro around his head) Okay, can I put my pants on?

We talked for a while then we climbed up five flights of stairs to Alex's room, was terrorized by my sister on the way, met Alex's roommate's sister (I think), found out Alex was arriving Sunday, remembered Alex was still Tybalt, then Adrian walked me to the bookstore where I was supposed to meet my sister and mother.

Ooh, so Adrian has really really cool hair now - I found a pencil it in this morning, and I stuck his glasses in it and it stayed. There was a president's address today where we had to dress formal and he came with an open shirt and a tie. And he still wears his meditation beads. :)

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell