TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, October 08, 2004
random freaky thought:
Okay my Italian homework is to write about what I did last winter vacation. And I just don't remember! I've gone through my calendars, diary, archived emails, have called up friends I must have been with over those weeks, and none of them know, nor do they remember what they themselves did that winter! Straight out of fiction!

More relevantly, I was having dinner last night when a girl I had never seen before just walked up to me and asked if I did TASP. So I met Stacey, Cornell TASP '04, who is visiting Yale from LA. I'm all caught up on the TASP '04 gossip (ask me!) and it seems as though our Texan successors have been a rowdy infamous bunch.

Speaking of the `04 Texas TASPers, the two that I met at the New York event last week were under the impression that (i) they weren't allowed to swim in the pool because something went terribly wrong (like someone drowned or something) when we tried to the year before, and that (ii) Winedale was so terrible (no pie this year, but hot stew on an hot Texan night with mosquitoes) that we recommended it to them because we hated it ourselves.

Labor quote of the day:
"Now, Plato's Form of a Bed, is it a queen-sized bed?"
"It's a philosopher-king-sized bed."

ahh, Plato.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell