TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Friday, March 25, 2005
I think one of the things that Adrian and I have long had in common is an interest in our room mates' sexuality. My room mate this year is a large, freckled jock from Highland Park, TX. He'll be starting quarterback next year and is 'sort of a big deal'. Anyway, Bill once told me this story warning how one of his big friends on the team had 'woke up in bed with two girls he didn't know. He realized they had raped him!' He became earnest out of genuine concern for me and himself and all members of the stronger gender. He said 'a guy has to be careful, he's gotta watch out for himself.'
So his anecdote caught me off guard. Did this mean our footballers were as weak and timid off-field as on it? Was their braun more an inducement to "SURPRISE!" lust than a shield against it? hmm...
I've been thinking about all of you a lot this week, trying to think myself out of Princeton. just finished all the midterm stuff tonight. (I'm putting the book on my list John) It's great to know Jacob's reading, because now I have someone with whom I can discuss cows, seriously. Anyway, here is a thefacebook.com message exchange from this week about you, Jacob. In it I seduce a clever boy. Notice the effect of dropping the name 'Jacob Eigen':

Hey
Hey, how was break. I see you went to St. Ann's;
do you know Jacob Eigen? Alright, yay for facebook.

Re: Hey
This is the first time I've written a message on
facebook. I have to admit, I'm a bit excited. I'm a pretty
huge Jacob Eigen fan and, more importantly, have always
equated you two in my mind under a similar subject
heading. Not sure what that subject heading is but take it
as a complement. break was fun. I went to dublin.
Anyways, I think it would be an intelligent move to
associate in a social capacity. If this arrangement
sounds felicitious, call me at _________.

I equate you all under a similar subject heading.

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell