TASP 2003 at UT Austin: The Mystery of Creativity



reasonably remarkable



Saturday, September 23, 2006
I had a conversation with my roommate yesterday about keeping in touch. Other than arriving at the conclusion that I am bad at it, my roommate and I discovered an interesting difference in the way we decide what should and shouldn't be shared. I, for instance, never write unless if I have something to say--and if all my time was devoted to something so dry as say, MCAT studying, I would rather not write at all. My roommate, however, maintained that it was precisely this--the telling of boring or unimportant events--that sustains close relationships. So, here is my attempt at writing for the sake of keeping in touch. I don't have anything ground-shattering to report, nor do I have a recommendation of a movie (actually, I do, but for the sake of the message, I will not mention it). My act comes from the realization that the delight in reading something from a friend comes not from the content of the message, but simply its presence.

Love,
Eunice

XML This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
 
 
[ recommended for discussion ]
Existentialism is A Humanism, Essay by Sarte
preface to the lyrical ballads
the trial
heidegger's what calls for thinking
When Life Almost Died (deals with the Permian mass Extinction)
elizabeth costello
the god of small things
jung's aion
foucault's pendulum
coetzee's nobel acceptance speech
faulkner's nobel acceptance speech
koestler's The Act of Creation: part one, the jester
my mother and the roomer
Tao, the Greeks, and other important things
rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead

endgame
the book of job
Trilobites
joseph campbell